Saturday, December 31, 2011

Visa applications




See those three little Chinese characters?  That's Rosie's name in Chinese.  Everything I read said that it was necessary for me to TYPE the characters on her application so she could get into China again.  After asking everyone in the world for help someone on ChinaAdoptTalk.com told me there was a little button at the bottom of the computer to press. Voila!  Done in 10 seconds (and three days!).  Meanwhile our adoption agency was e-mailing me telling me not to worry about it and to just leave that field blank...

Anyway, our TYPED IN CAPITAL LETTERS visa applications are mailed to our agency, along with our passports (not copies), Rosie's Chinese passport, a certified check to the Chinese government, and $180 CASH for the messenger.  The messenger wouldn't accept any other form of payment.  Why are we sending these to a messenger you ask?  Because the Chinese consulate doesn't accept MAIL, only hand-delivered packages.  I'm not making this up!  

1 comment: