Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Mimi gets the backpack and photo book






The nice woman in the middle picture carried the Hello Kitty backpack all through Asia to bring to Mimi.  Can you imagine being a little girl in one country looking at photos of strange people in another country and knowing your life is about to change in unimaginable ways?

Here is what the woman said about giving her the backpack:

They brought Mimi to the mickey mouse room to meet with me. I did not get to see her caregiver as Roy brought her.  I do remember I liked the caregivers very much.  We sat at the table and she is still shy with me.  Roy has seen her a bit.  We did talk about the names and Roy says she was liking the idea of Mimi.  I helped her open each item and she immediately put the barrettes in her hair with help from me.  My translator showed her how she looked in the mirror she sent.  She had several M&M's.  She looked at each page of the book as we translated for her.  She looked closely at all the children in the family.  We tried to use words like this is the house where you will live, this is your room.  She quietly studied the book.  She played with a balloon I blew up for her.  We used the notebook to begin a picture.  She even gave me a high 5 when she left.  She definitely enjoyed the gifts.  I asked that she and the caregivers take some pictures so she can bring them home with her when she comes. 

1 comment:

  1. Renee, John, Andrew, James and Rosie,
    What a wonderful adventure you about to go on, filled with meaning and excitement. Mimi is going to be an awfully lucky little girl to come into such a loving family. We wish you guys all the best and can't wait to hear more about your trip and how Mimi transitions into her new life. We're sure you will meet your new challenges with care and humor and loads of love.
    Much love from the Garden State,
    Paula, Paul, Josh, Julian and Joxter (the schnauzer)

    ReplyDelete